How do I schedule private training sessions?
Please call 817-264-6433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free online consultation or an in person consultation for $50. The training plan will be discussed after evaluating training needs.
How do I enroll in group obedience training?
Please call 817-264-6433 or email email@example.com to schedule a free training consultation. The group class format will be discussed after the evaluation.
How long are the group obedience classes?
Group training classes are one hour long, twice a week for six months.
What is the difference between Candid Canine group training classes and the training classes offered at the Big Box Pet Stores?
- Candid Canine’s Group Training Classes’ main goal is to prepare your dog for real-life situations so you will be able to take your dog more places with you.
- Our classes are held twice a week, in real life environments such as parking lots, parks, pet friendly establishments and restaurant patios. Many Big Box Pet Stores conduct training indoors in a sterile, controlled environment, which can limit your dog’s ability to successfully handle stressful and highly stimulating situations.
- When joining Candid Canine’s Group Training, the open enrollment membership offers two private lessons (a $200 value at no additional cost to you) and six months of classes, twice a week (50 total classes) from the date joined. Many Big Box Pet Stores’ offer three to four different six week sessions with one class per week.
- The training activities in each Candid Canine class accommodate all levels of training so it doesn’t matter if there are a mix of beginner, intermediate or advanced participants in the same class. Many Big Box Pet Stores’ training is taught in stages geared specifically for puppies or adult dogs.
- The training content in each Candid Canine class is not dependent on the training learned in the previous class. This means when life happens different than what is planned, resulting in missed classes, it is easy to get back on track at the next class. In Big Box Stores the classes are usually designed in a sequential training format and if one class is missed, there is not an option to make it up, which means the content missed in that class is only available by signing up for the same six week training program again.
What is the difference in the cost of Candid Canine’s Group Training Classes and Big Box Pet Stores Group Training Classes?
Big Box Pet Stores typically offer different levels of six week courses with a one hour class per week for $120 – $130, which is $20 to $22 per class per level of course.
Candid Canine Training offers two private lessons and a six month course with two one hour classes per week for $600, which is $12 per class.
I have two dogs and I want to alternate bringing the dogs to Group Class, is the cost per 6 month course the same amount?
The Candid Canine Group Training Class is priced per dog. If you have two dogs and you want to bring them both to group training classes or alternate each dog between the classes, the cost is $600 per dog per six month course. I do offer multi-dog discounts.